Sunday, May 5, 2013

Session III

This morning I met with miss Avery again, and we had a good time talking about the moviemaking process. She seemed to have a tougher time with the concept, and I think I might have to really guide her through the process, but it should be a fun project. The video will focus on my EQ: What does it mean to be an American citizen? and my UQ: What are some symbols American Citizens should recognize? Her storyboard ended up being some pictures she drew, and it forms a shell of what we can do with a possible video or slide show. I suppose I could have had something laid out more specifically for her to make a storyboard on, perhaps this would have eliminated the issues she had understanding the concept of what we were doing. She shies away from being on camera or talking into a microphone so it looks like we wont be able to make an actual movie, but as far as I am concerned as long as she learned from this process it was a success. Here is the updated KWL chart displaying just what she learned.

Here's what Avery had to say about today!

1 comment:

  1. What you could do is have her just pick the pictures that she wants in the video/movie and then have her take some photos with a camera or a phone the you could have her pick out her favorite song, and then put she could tell you what order to put the pictures in and then you have a movie. Sounds like she did learn a lot though.

    ReplyDelete